Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 16 2004 01:47 AM
Re: Jeanne likely to hit Florida now!

I mean they have the storm re-curving when that subtropical high is going to build back after the remmants of Ivan depart. When the remmants of Ivan are around it will create a rex block, I think that was metioned by Clark, this would slow everything down in the tropics in the area of Jeanne. Now the problem I have is that once Ivan exits there is going to be a slight re-curvature of Jeanne's track but I don't think it would go that north. Another possibility is that Mean Jean the wind and rain machine will continue it's westward course and go through Florida and not be touched by that ridge or trough in the north. It could go either way, but this year storms like Florida and don't recurve when their suppose too. I'm not one to critize the NHC as metioned by LI phil, I'm a mere weather hobbiest, "take it as a grain of salt."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center