Mozart
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 16 2004 02:02 AM
Re: Nowcast

Couple of points:

Regarding rivalries - you have no idea what it's like to have your rival be a chicken who thinks he's king of the roost, but loses more than 50% of the time. Let's just say that Hurricane Holtz is not a threat to land.

Regarding hurricanetrack.com - Is anyone else watching their webcam? I thought it was going to be at a fixed point anchored down close to the beach, but they seem to keep driving back to the police station. Does anyone know what's going on?

Regarding Ivan's track - It definitely appears to be leaning more east than expected to me. The crosshairs seem to have moved to the AL/FL state line now.

Regarding buoys - Is the website just dead now or what? I keep getting a internet error page every time I try and go there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center