MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 10:38 PM
Re: Frank P.

Yes, but what I keep thinking (to stay positive) is that he said he wanted to be offline for a while to save a battery, and he hadn't eaten since yesterday.
John Hope and Neil Frank were my 2 favorites back in the day. I do miss the early TWC days.
If they want to bring it into the 21st century, maybe they should start to show model data at times.
1 thing I miss, and this may sound stupid, is they used to have a pretty good current map, and they used to put the time on it. Why they ever stopped doing it, I have no idea.

The new ETA is coming in. It skirts Jeanne along the north coast of Cuba, so based on recent performance, it should be north of there. Of course, I don't even know if the GFS knows it's there yet (yes, I am exaggerating).

On a larger scale topic, El Nino is expected this winter, albeit a weak one. Since there is a lag time, it obviously is not affecting this hurricane season, but we'll have to see how strong and/or persistent it is for next season.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center