scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 16 2004 02:41 AM
Re: Landfall point

Quote:

I been at work most of the night so I couldnt respond to any emails sent to me. Also been on phone with NWS. Landfall will be on the Alabama-Florida boarder within 20 miles. This was adjusted just east due to land interaction (we think) from La causing a minor push to the NNE for 2 hours and now is back on a almost 5dg north march. Ivan will make landfall about 40 miles east of where I projected my Biloxi-Mobile landfall. Anyone from Biloxi-Ft Walton beach needs to get indoors NOW and get ready for hurricane force winds after midnight. Severe winds, tornados, storm surge of 8-12 ft with high tide in many locations around 1-3am. Landfall should be in about 6 hrs. Rainfall amounts are still the same up to 12 inches near the center and just east. Local amounts higher but alot less more then 50 miles west of the center. Panama City area and inland thru the panhandle is experiencing many spawned short-lived tornados and also across alabama and mississippi. That will continue for the next 2 days or more. Rainfall amounts further north will rise as Ivan moves NNE and stalls out over the Tenn valley. A strong ridge will form to its north and dive Se this weekend blocking any NE movement out and may push this west to western Tenn before a turn north Monday into Tuesday to the Ohio Valley. The problem up there wont be the wind but the several inches of rain. More on Jeanne later,,, but right now, everyone near any water or open ground need to get in a save place. Everyone elsewhere need to get indoors for the next 12-18hrs and but whatever they have in theyre fridges,,,into the freezers and when power goes out,,,put in coolers so they stay colder when everything warms up.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center