RevUp
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 16 2004 05:10 PM
Re: Jeanne

Doug, you're right. I was jittery along with everyone else. Some people have to make business decisions based on a M-F schedule. I, like you, take exception when people start blaming NHC for our inconveniences. It seems that as our society "advances," we become less and less tolerant of the "errors" in our technology, especially when it concerns something that none of us can control.
I should point out that at least one school board on the west coast of Florida decided to wait on their decision, and ended up having classes this past Monday. Unfortunately, many people from Florida voluntarily evacuated last Friday to points that are now in the path of Ivan. Go figure.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center