richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 16 2004 05:31 PM
Re: Will the good news ever end?

Phil, I know that! But I will tell you that I was out of the area when it hit and wasn't really prepared for the damage I saw when we returned. I really thought that it would be no worse than Erin in '95 but because of the duration of the storm it was considerably worse. I have a pile of what was my former landscaped yard that is about 20' long and 8' high which is nothing when you consider that people lost parts of their roofs and stuff.A guy I work with had $25000 worth of damage done to his house. A shop I sell boards to here in Indialantic lost its roof and had major flooding inside. But you know what? We actually do still have a beach and we have our boardwalk also which is amazing. So anyhow, Indialantic definetly isn't "in the Atlantic"!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center