richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 16 2004 08:09 PM
Re: article on new models, and improved forecasting.

I just saw Joe Bastardi on Fox News with Sheppard Smith and he had his track up there with it running over Florida into the Gulf again. I don't want to beat a dead horse here again but there is just something about a guy putting his track up on national tv and basically disregarding what the NHC's is saying. It just really irritates me. I know that the potential for him to be correct is there and the NHC's future forecast may end up like his but still......He did make a good point about it going in between Frances path and Ivan's path where the water is still warmer because it hasn't been churned up. With all that being said , he still didn't seem REAL confident in the track after 5 days. He did say he's 90% sure it will hit the US.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center