Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 16 2004 09:30 PM
Re: Damage reports from Ivan in Atlanta

Quote:

Hey all,

Just got back home after running some errands and sheesh, I thought I saw a man with a white beard walking up Peachtree St.

So far, one tornado touchdown in Carrollton around 2 or so, intense amounts of rain in all of Metro Atlanta from 3-5 inches amd still falling, One major thoughrofare (Piedmont Rd at 8th St) is still blocked with a large tree fell onto a car with an entrapment, Scattered power outages troughout the metro area numbering about 150,000...

The major story is that Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is not letting flights take off and diverting flights away from Atlanta....And it's not over yet

Jeepers, if I wasn't working, I'd have a couple of 7&7's right now....

Be safe everyone

yeah its not too pretty here. looking out the window. I'm strange though, in that I like to be sitting at home watching this type of event rather than hiding from it. I know it sounds weird but its something i loved to do when visting my dad in south carolina as a kid. they had the BEST thunderstorms.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center