Fletch
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 17 2004 03:21 AM
Re: earthquake vs hurricane

Quote:

I was in an earthquake once whilst ice skating in a big tin rink in Japan years ago. Everyone ran out of the building and I landed on my a%% in the center of the rink and had to wait it out. I think I prefer the earthquake in that there is no anticipation and it is over quick. Though it is weird watching the floor move in waves...

I am so exhausted this season and have gone from dread to, "come on baby, do your worst" as I am more prepared than I ever have been after the past two. A kind of defiant mindset. Perhaps it is a coping mechanism...

I am glad Jason is ok. I was worried. I hope Rick is ok too. My parents lost part of their dock but the house is intact on the gulf in MS.

I saw Larry King tonight and one of the guests said that there had been previous hurricanes off the coast of LA in the distant past.
This surprised me.

Helen

Helen

I may have to disagree with you. I've lived in S FL since 72 but I have also been through 2 small quakes in the Bay area. Earthquakes scare the S%^& out of me. You can't prepare, and they can strike any time. Canes usually occur only a few months out of the year, and you know when they are coming and most importantly, you can leave.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center