Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 17 2004 03:24 AM
Re: South Carolina ouf of the woods?

The weather reporters out in the field are ridiculous, honestly. It's not like by now the public hasn't seen a hurricane, doesn't know what they are like. Reminds me all too much of the movie "Day After Tomorrow" where the newsman buys it to the flying billboard sign from the tornado. The reporter that almost ate the palm tree in the head in Orlando is a classic example. Someone here on the boards said it landed 5 feet behind him. It didn't. The fronds actually smacked him in the head on the way down. If the trunk had landed, say, at 15 degrees to the base rather than 20 degrees, he quite likely would have been killed on [semi] live TV. Unconscienable.

Why do I keep getting this itchy feeling that the one storm we should next be watching isn't Jeanne, but future "L" storm...like we've noticed before, excepting Bonnie, it's been Charley --- xxx --- xxx --- Frances --- xxx --- xxx --- Ivan. With Karl forming and going out the sea (most likely), I can just see Jeanne recurving to the Atlantic to keep the pattern going, and get ready for "L"....

Would have normally just laughed it off as superstition, but in this year of weird storms, gotta go with it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center