Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 17 2004 03:03 PM
Re: What the ...

Wanna bet it shifts? How many times did Frances and Ivan shift... heck at one time the NHC was leaning towards Ivan crossing over Florida thru the Punta Gorda area and up the east coast.... and had Frances going up the east coast as well... yeah, it'll shift, I can guarantee it.... who wants to bet right now this is where Jeanne is going? any takers out there? I think not because the people who come here to this site are smart, and know the track record of the models... go look at the last tropical model runs... they are all over the place... the NHC has to put out a 5 day... I would not put any stock in this one at the moment....

Jeanne will have to be monitored very closely as I don't think the models have a clue as of yet.... but I'll say this, I think Florida will get another one.... and if it does get into the GOM, the panhandle might be under the gun again.... or perhaps even a little more west of there.... still waaay to early and I'm just prematurely speculating at the moment...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center