Kdubs
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Sep 17 2004 03:59 PM
My .02 forecast

Well, I don't think that we should have to pay for forecasts either, but you also get what you pay for. I am by far not a meteorologist, but based on what I've observed this and past seasons and applying it to current storms, here's my forecast.

Ivan - I think Ivan will continue to dump incredible amounts of rain as he circles around to the right to almost a full 360 turn back into western Georgia. He will continue to die out as any sort of organized storm in the process.

Jeanne - I think she will make it off the coast of Hispaniola and begin to reform the circle of convection around the eye. As this strengthing occurs, she will speed up. I disagree with the NHC that the turn to the west will be so abrupt. I think it will be a wide arc with landfall around the same place as Frances with 50 mile margin of error either north or south, depending on how long Ivan hangs out in GA and how fast the high over Florida erodes.

Karl - as for Karl, I hope Nemo has some Advil, cuz Karl's gonna give them fishies a headache.

Going out on a limb here, but I also think we will see another organized system beginning by the middle of next week.

I'll share those crow recipes with you later tpratch :-).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center