Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 18 2004 12:13 AM
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...????

Sorry Spock - must have been Agent or someone else I had you confused with. I read 2 threads (hundreds of posts) with only one browser open so that's the error here.
-------------------------------------------------
For the question about Joe B, he is what he is. He's a master of pattern recognition and is a very dedicated tropical forecaster. His columns and videos are worth my $15 a month during tropical season. I got hooked on his take when all that used to be free (pre-2003 season).

FWIW, his current thinking is that Jeanne comes N or NNW slowly for the next few days, stalls, gets forced back WSW and either crosses over or S of FL. He thinks (assuming survival) that it makes Cat 2ish status there. Ivan gets out south of Jersey and creates gales to its north as it comes back down the coast (watch for potential development if the center - still intact - gets out over water). Ultimately Ivan backs SW into the Central Gulf and changes the windflow patterns. Jeanne, meanwhile, makes her hit (or brushby) and then heads round about toward New Orleans ala Andrew, Betsy, & 1947. I don't think he expects Jeanne backing until 5-6 days out, so the threat is really after next weekend.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center