Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 22 2004 08:19 PM
Re: 94L Recon

Well, we made it through Ivan!!! Just thankful to have a place of work (1 block from Mobile Bay) to come back to. We live in North Mobile County and I stayed up for the whole storm. Lost two huge trees in the back yard which uprooted some of the piping; we will probably not have any pecans in the orchard this year; lost several more smaller trees; lost shingles on the house; lost insulation from south end of house, as 2 months ago a bad storm took out the north and south end of the eaves on my house (can very much empathize with the insurance co. issue as after 5% wind/hail and depreciation our total came to -125.00); three sheds; and an old basketball goal did some writing on our truck. We had parked the vehicles in one direction, then Ivan turned. This is the first storm I have personally been through since Freddie in '79, but I know in Citronelle, we got at least 100 mph winds. But, we had a shelter (school) across the street with our bags packed and ready to run if necessary. The shelter lost a very long and very new walkway which was built with contributions. Our public schools will open Monday (27th) if they all have power and are in good enough condition. I think everyone in our office now has power!! But, I just walked outside and (we have been having beautiful weather the past few days) the son of Ivan's clouds are just overhanging in the skies and very still (very eerie). Thank you to this site for all of the very helpful information you provide. And, we have been very very blessed considering.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center