FreakedInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Thu Sep 23 2004 06:03 AM
Re: Not again...

I feel your pain cjzydeco. I live in Fort Pierce and I don't look forward to another bad storm hitting here again. This is just nerve wracking to watch this scenario take shape. My heart just sank when I saw the models for Jeanne shift to Florida once again.

St. Lucie County has not issued any kind of evacuation as of yet, though I did hear the local news say it would be sometime Saturday night rather than Friday for landfall if there is such a thing. Kinda concerned because if all the schools got so seriously damaged, there isn't going to be a lot of shelters available since they are all SLC schools for the most part. Not sure why they don't use the fortress that is Fort Pierce Magnet School for the Arts. That building has probably been there for a long, long time and would seem to me to make a great shelter.

The biggest thing this time, since we know the house is stronger than we thought, is whether to stay or go to a shelter this time. Guess we'll have to see where she heads for. Oddly enough the damage we suffered to our car came from the shelter's roof that blew little pebbles into the back window and shattered it.

I know it sucks, but all we can do is hang tough and hope that whoever gets it is spared too much damage and lives.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center