scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 23 2004 07:42 PM
Re: Steering Currents

1 thing I really dont like alot about the accuweather from the midatlantic site is that they usually talk about that region. I mean they should but if they want to go national on it then they should included most areas. They do you say? well like in many hurricanes this year they mention,,,It will hit a certain spot,,but then they concentrate up there in the midatlantic on how much rainfall they will get,,winds, etc. Even look at JBs post and video they talk mainly whats going to happen when it gets to the midatlantic states. Look at the current graphic from the link above on accuweather. Its showing the monday thru weds chart path of Jeanne. I mean Il take the excuses that someone wants to give and yeah I do still like accuweather, but they concentrate more on what they get then what the landfall areas will expect. Thats not good for national review in my opinion. If they want to stay regional they should keep it more of a regional aspect. Then again maybe thats what they do already? If so they shouldnt charge the public cause that reaches everyone, not just the midatlantic.....ok sorry had to rage on that.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center