lawgator
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 23 2004 07:51 PM
Floater Images

I have been watching the floater IR loop of Jeanne and it sure seems to me that in the last 3 hours there is a pronounced northerly component to her movement right as she hits 70W. More NW than W. Seems too prolonged and substantial for a "jog." Also, when I watch the water vapor loop on the Atlantic basin, it sure seems that there is a break in that ridge, albeit it more to the NE of Jeanne than to the W. Wonder if she might be taking advantage of that small weakness to move a little more northerly than expected.

I have been a member forever, but usually just watch what all you gurus have to say as I am surely a novice at this. And, maybe I am engaging in some wishful thinking to steer this back out to sea and away from my first house (buy a house in June and wham -- two hurricanes come already). But, wonder if anyone else thinks there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for us in C. Fla. (and not the headlight of an oncoming train).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center