Fletch
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 23 2004 10:08 PM
Re: Ivan Landfalls Again. Jeanne on the Move

Quote:

Looks like another long weekend at the fire station. My husband is on vacation and is staying home with the kids for this one. I just happen to be on duty Sunday! Lucky me. I'm getting off work in the morning and going home to help my husband put the plywood BACK UP. At least I left them on the ground next to the windows and don't have to trudge them all around the the house to put them back up. Here in Orange Co, we haven't gotten any direction from our fearless leaders yet. I just hope they don't make us drive to work in it like they did with Frances. That was the dumbest thing............
Good Luck everyone! I just happen to live in Sorrento and it looks like the eye should go right over my house.
It will probably finish the trees off that Frances left standing. Oh well, what can I do? Just ride it out.

Hey Angie, thanks for the work that you do. Without you and people like you, Florida wouldn't be able to survive these things.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center