Allison
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 23 2004 07:31 PM
Re: Another One Of My Weird Questions

Quote:

Is it possible that the high starts to push him back SW from the farther east location? If that were to happen than he would go maybe south of Galveston and back out into the water. I know it's a stupid question but I thought of it from just looking at the latest radar which looks like he is moving more north than forecasted.

Good question... I'll take a shot at it.... (usual disclaimers apply)...

I think Ivan will still stay over land... If he keeps moving N/NW, he'll just get farther north into LA before the high moves him SW and into east Texas.

Quote:

By the way, he does look like he is actually building more storms around the center as he is getting further inland.

I noticed that too... I think it's because that part of the storm is still over water... It could also be additional energy coming off the ULL in the Bay of Campeche.

I wonder if that little sliver of dry-ish air to our west will keep most of Ivan's rain away from the Houston area.... though we should still see rain from the front...

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GSSLOOPS/ecwv.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center