DMFischer
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 23 2004 07:32 PM
Re: Models trending south

Quote:

Wouldn't you hate to be Jeb Bush right now? Egads. This storm even took HIM by surprise, as the reporters were the ones that told him Jeanne was heading our way. So, where's his "weather guru", Ben Nelson? He wasn't giving Jeb a "heads up" on Jeanne? As The Donald would say,

"YOU'RE FIRED."

Colleen Thanks, I really needed that laugh. I can almost see his eyebrows shooting up in surprise.

I just got in from the grocery store, filling the gaps in the supplies, preparing, preparing. The Publix was a flippin nightmare! A "normal" Thursday night is never like this, not a basket left to use, it's bring your own from the parking lot and every check out lane was manned and running with people standing 4-6 deep in line. They are already almost out of ice, no dried milk to speak of and the chef boyardee shelf (kids will eat this cold! uk) is empty. The one buzz I heard from several guys from Patrick AFB was they were expecting a hit between them and the Cape. NASA has already sent folks home to take care of business and have begun to lock it down. The trucks have been picking up all the left over limbs and trees having been told to work until the sun goes down.
All of this "feel" like a hurricane is coming. (rolling eyes)
Hang on everyone, here we go again.

God Speed

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center