SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Thu Sep 23 2004 08:18 PM
Re: Jeanne up close

Quote:

Skeet you do all this for free? Husband also says your site is the best and of course this site is part of it...................you should put a pay pal on your site for donations.

We are always looking at various revenue models and eventually there will be premium services available at Skeetobite Weather, however, our maps will always remain free.

Here's why:
I own a couple of successful internet businesses, which we closed for 4 days when Charley came through. I thought it would be a good idea to go help with relief efforts.

We relocated from Michigan in July. After unloading two semi trailers of water by hand in Lake Wales, we realized we couldn't take the heat and were quickly becoming potential heat casualties for the Polk County EOC to deal with.

So... Skeetobite Weather is our way of contributing.

Skeetobite.com has no ownership or affiliation with flhurricane.com. We distribute our maps here free of charge for the benefit of flhurricane.com's members and guests.

Please make any dontations to cfhurricane.com to cover their recent hardware purchase. I think they are half way to their goal of covering this equipment. PM MikeC for details on how you can contribute to this valuable resource.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center