COgal
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Sep 24 2004 01:33 AM
Re: Crow Munching Forecast

Speaking of that link you gave for local 6 ;
I signed up for the Premium Weather service they have on that page because it was free for 2 weeks. You can plot your location as well as a few others and when severe weather is approaching your area it will inform you. When my power was out it didn't do any good to have them send me an alert on my computer but it was VERY helpful to have them send me an alert to my cell phone. My specifications for being alerted were if any tornadic activity were approaching my home I wanted to be alerted. I received notificaiton twice and both times hunkered down in the bathtub until it passed. This was especially helpful because I discovered that my radio batteries were completely DEAD (they were brand new) and I had no way of knowing what was happening out there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center