Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 23 2004 10:22 PM
Re: Cantore on TWC now...

Just for some cute info, which no one in particular cares about:

1) According to the superintendent of Polk County schools, the Florida Department of Education has said "NO" to the idea of allowing schools to add minutes to the existing days to make up lost time. (This is per official media release by PCSB).

2) Polk (along with other districts) will only have to make up 6 days missed [so far] - 3 were excused on order of the Governor.

3) The FCAT test has been preliminarily postponed for 1 week to give school districts that lost time a chance to "catch up".

4) Yours truly wrote a letter to the Lakeland Ledger editors that was printed on Sept. 17, asking for the FCAT to be canceled, or at least to be made unofficial this year. Maybe someone in Tallahassee read it. :-) The ironic part is, I start teaching a new group of 110 students on Tuesday (Jeanne willing), in Grade 10 Algebra 1B - all FCAT students. (I didn't know that was my assignment until after the letter was sent in to the paper...)

Life goes on, doesn't it? Let's hope Jeanne rolls away north and then northeast, and goes to sleep with the fishes. (Which reminds me, my wife and I kept cracking up when Frances was about to come on shore, the professional met on Channel 8 - not Jerve, the other guy - kept saying "The east coast is going to get whacked". I was wondering how much of The Sopranos he was watching before he went on air....)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center