Ricreig
(User)
Fri Sep 24 2004 02:01 PM
Re: Hurricane Watches up from Florida City to St. Augustine

Quote:

First of all, I want to thank the owners and monitors of this board, who have for years now "kept my feet on the ground" regarding approaching hurricanes. Their "best guesses" have helped me with every storm as to whether evacuate or not, and my family just TRULY appreciates the hard work you all put in!
I am in Vero Beach, and there is still quite a bit of debri around from Frances, and am worried about this stuff becoming missiles in the wind of Jeanne. We JUST got our power back on this past Saturday and I am still dealing with a horrendous kidney infection contracted in the aftermath of Frances and the unsanitary conditions we all had to deal with.
None of us had power most of the month, but FPL STILL sent "estimated bills" which were only about $10 less than our usual...sooooo, we here in our neighborhood are really dreading what now seems to "the inevitable" and will be praying for others in Jeanne's path. What is most important is our safety...and THANK you all here for the good advice, both on meterological AND survival questions!

I echo your sentiments of appreciation. I think Ed, John and Mike truly deserve a mountain of praise and our support, support that they can use to buy more equipment and pay for their expenses in providing this truly unique and useful resource.

i also agree that those that contribute their time and effort to make posts that truly enlighten and educate us should also be thanked. I've been here a number of years, almost since Mike, et al, first started this board. During this time, I have greatly expanded my knowledge and in great part due to those like Scottvp, Clark, HankFrank, Frank P, and a host of others with good questions and reasoned thoughts like Colleen and to LI_Phil, one of the moderators that help guide our discussions.

Yes, a lot of thanks is owed by us all! Thanks to you all!

Now, about your power bill. I'd send them the $10 reduction and ESTIMATE the bill payment to cover it.... Seriously, request an ACTUAL meter reading and make them adjust the bill.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center