Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 24 2004 12:43 PM
Re: Curious about FSU Model

Hello,

I'm in Mt. Pleasant SC, just several miles south of where Gaston made landfall. Didn't make many headlines, but the 8hrs of 50mph sustained winds and foot of rain made a mess of my place.

I've been lurking on your discussion since this morning. Very impressed with the knowledge being shared. I'm rather shy in posting to message boards, and I don't know if it's helpful in answering your question, but the SC State Climatologist in a message around 8am this morning had this to say about the FSU superensemble model:

"Access to this model output is restricted and cannot be redistributed when permission is granted for its use. For that reason, althrough the State Climate Office will use this tool in decision-making from time to time, I will be unable to display the output. However, I will do my best to explain where the track is without giving you a picture if I can do so with verbal efficiency. That being said..... the FSU model from last night is to the west of the official forecast and remains onshore through FL, GA, SC, and NC before exiting the US mainland near Cape Hatteras. Just another model.. but has been the most consistent and accurate so far this year."

You all take care and be safe.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center