Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Sep 24 2004 05:10 PM
Re: Hits in a season

Earle....thank you for that post. Why in the world they won't let it be seen is beyond me. But at least SOMEONE had the guts to put it into words, which is all we're asking for.

Now....just a few minutes ago, Tom Terry said that because of the wide margins between the NOGAPS/UKMET and the GFS/GFDL models, that *might* mean that the track would be in the CENTER of those two scenarios.

In other words, ala Frances. Right straight through the middle of the state. I think he's *trying* to hint at a further south landfall...like WPB. If you read between the lines, that's what I think he's trying to tell us. And I have to say, he's one of the best mets out there. Doesn't panic, doesn't alarm...just tells it like it is. "Folks, this is NO storm to fool around with, and if you're tired of having to leave, get over it because you're REALLY going to be in a mess if you DON'T. We're ALL tired, but we still have to be ON TOP OF THINGS."

Amen, Tom.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center