Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Sep 24 2004 06:30 PM
Model Runs

This was interesting: Tom Terry (Channel 9 in Orlando) had a 2pm update and said he's throwing out the GFS/GFDL model because it moves the storm too slowly. UKMET shifted a little to the NE but I don't know where NOGAPS is at right this second.
Then, on TWC, they showed an interesting graphic which was displayed at "JEANNE'S IMPACTS" and the OCM moved it all the way up through the state of Florida and had it making the turn to the NW in GEORGIA. Don't know what they know, but there wasn't any "hugging the coastline" look there at all.

Kent....Polk County schools (as of right now) have not made a decision as to whether schools will be closed on Monday. I find this somewhat odd as the HS across the street from me is a SHELTER. I guess they are waiting until the 5pm update. It's just odd because people have to evacuate tomorrow and for the past 3 hurricanes, they closed the schools almost 72 hours in advance. Just my wandering mind pondering this's and that'is'.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center