tpratch
(Moderator)
Sat Sep 25 2004 12:07 AM
Re: Database move complete

And there was much rejoicing.

I'm heading down to the Cape to rescue a vehicle before tomorrow's festivities. That way I can start playing the hunker down drinking game with the wife.

"hunker down" - 1 drink
"eye wall" - 2 drinks
"feeder band" - 2 drinks
"hammer" - 5 drinks (hammer as in "I've nicknamed this part of the storm the hammer")

That's all we have - I guess there should also be an honorary full drink (finish the bottle) for any time someone brings up a bad analogy involving the Titanic too.

Likewise, you can probably add an honorary social drink for any newscaster making a really poor mixed metaphor (I remember with frances, some poor person said "it's really beginning to sound like lightning out here").

(remember folks - don't drink and drive - it's just stupid)
But legal-aged drinking with the company of friends is FUN! (if handled in moderation)

With the above game - you're good to go within an hour at a minimum because there's nothing storm casters love to say more than "hunker down"!

Be right back!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center