clueless
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 01:50 AM
how much work do I need to do

I live in an apartment that is just about 5 miles directly north of MCO. My windows are all south facing. During Charley the wind blew directly on them and we thought they were gonna break but they did not. For Frances we moved all of our comouter equipment and our tv, etc to the most central part of the apartment and tarped it up. As it turns out the winds here were rather insignificant. We were able to sit on the porch for much of the storm and just watch it all unfold. I know this will be stronger, so I dont plan on beng able to sit outside, but I am wondering if the winds will be blowing directly at us or coming from the side as it stands right now.

It was a lot of work to move all of the stuff, and I will do it again if I have to, but...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center