Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 25 2004 04:34 AM
Re: Jeanne Moving West

This is a great map. The only thing I see missing is Georgia. Is that a good sign or a bad one? We have been really lucky. Is our luck running out? I live in SE Ga, in a liitle town called Jesup, just north west of Brunswick and the Golden Isles. People here are a little concerned, but not overly. We have never really had to concern ourselves with these storms since David. Although we all left when Floyd looked like he could make landfall at Brunswick. I live about 50 miles inland and we took a road trip to Macon (9 hours instead of the typical 2 1/2 hour drive) Got to Macon and turned around and came right back. Never even got out of the car. It was a nightmare. We are debating about what to do now. Local stations are saying we can expect 60-75 mph winds but who knows? Any suggestions?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center