Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 05:29 AM
Re: News updates

Quote:

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that the hurricane force winds extend out 70 miles!!! So would that be 140 miles from the center or what? That's almost double what it was at 5pm.
Okay, I might make some people here mad, but those people that are staying on the barrier islands are idiots. This storm is NOT Frances, for crying out loud. Yes, same track (almost) but a totally different monster. Not to mention the fact that she's barreling along at a good clip..which could mean she could be here sooner than expected.
I'm afraid that this will cause a sad amount of lost lives...all because they "don't want to go through this again." Who in their right mind WOULD?
And I wouldn't be surprised if Jeanne pulls a Charley on us at the last minute...which, in fact, looks exactly like what she's trying to do.

No, 140 miles ACROSS the center, not from the center.... Colleen, go to bed...you need some sleep. I'm gonna have to get my beuty rest here shortely also

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center