scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 25 2004 02:11 AM
Re: News updates

Okay here is my 24 hr forcast for landfall. Its actually about 22hr forcast as I feel she will make landfall very close to midnight give or take a hour or 2. Jeanne will be a Cat 3 with winds near 120mph and higher gusts. Landfall will be close to Jupiter Florida. She will move very close to Lake Okechobee to near Arcadia-Sebring then move NW to Lakeland-Tampa area by evening then continue NNW to near Ocala by sunday night near 11pm (give or take a couple hours). There is a slight chance of a track currently as of 11pm still but this is doubtfull. I expect TS watches on the west coast to be upgraded to Hurricane warnings if the 12z runs stay the same as the OZ runs of now or are even more west cause I feel west-central florida will recieve winds near 80-90mph close to the center.
Currently outerbands are coming thru the bahamas and will come near the florida coastline by mid morning. The pressure should be in the 950mb range but maybe slightly lower. Again many tornados will be spawned from the outerbands advancing throughout the state. The circulation will have winds up to 80miles from the center near landfall to about 20 miles by time it gets to W Central Florida. Movement now is to the west or jogs just north of due west and this should continue up to landfall. A turn to the wnw will occur around then. Eventually she should turn NW then N by Sunday night. Ok why will she turn??? Well to tell ya the truth its not the trough over the southern plains fully. It will be first affected by a upper level low in the western gulf right now moving ne due to the trough. Jeanne will start to feel the upper low and move more NW. Now how fast she gets into florida and how fast the upper low gets towards the NE gulf is the question on timing of the N turn from over the state or near the western florida coastline. Anyways nevertheless hurricane should come inland and along the forecast path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center