Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 09:20 AM
Re: Satellite Loops/Hurricane winds?

Quote:

Good Mornin Richard!
I just woke up and I am trying to figure out Jeanne! I guess if I got off this laptop and watched the TV , that might help. What year was Camille?
God's speed and blessings to all
Kathy

Camille 1969. That was a rough night also. It looks like we have another bad night ahead tommorrow. I woke up to see the 5pm forecast. Gonna get a few more winks now that I am sure Orlando is likely to be on the 'bad' side of the storm. I have moved my stuff to safety (I hope) and me and the cat will follow by late afternoon. You know, when you anticipate being homeless by Sunday, you tend to ensure you have *everything* packed that will fit in the trunk and back seat. I hate losing the trailer, but all of the furnature, dishes, 2nd TV and tape drives and .... you know, a bunch. Three times this year I've b I've been lucky, done the drill and the tin-box survived even when some of my neighbors weren't so lucky. This is a stronger storm potentially than Charley was and with the currently forecast track, this time I might not be so lucky. While I'd really like to move out of my mobile home, I'd really like to do it on my own terms! Get away from that A1A and even I-95 I think you said you lived near. Find a strong buillding on high ground and I wish you safe haven and no losses.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center