Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:10 AM
Re: Satellite Loops/Hurricane winds?

Quote:

Daniel and Richard,
I washed clothes last night....I filled my vehicles yesteday mornin! I have plenty of canned goods...have candles, flashlights and gas grill. But for some reason.......all that prep doesn't seem to make me feel OK. Jeanne isn't gonna be nice to US.
"stop the ride, I wanna get off"
If i make it through this cane season....I am moving outta FL

I understand your feelings well, but DON'T move. Florida is a nice place to live most of the time. This is a VERY unusual season and a historical, once a century type of season. It has been many many yeaars since we've had anything really bad more than a bunch of scares every year or so. Andrew,, and Donna and really damaging storms don't hit us all that often. Besides, most of the SE states have floods, the NE has blizzards, the West has droughts and tornados, the MidWest is tornado alley, the West has volcanos, the SouthWest has earthquakes, Alaska has long winters, volcanoos *and* earthquakes. Hawaai has Typhoons and tidal waves... Where are you going to go. Something will always put you at risk, at least Florida is nice 99.99% of the time....'[cept for the Yankees <grin>

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center