Hurric
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 25 2004 10:12 AM
Re: Satellite Loops/Hurricane winds?

From St. Lucie County,Kids wont be starting back to school from Frances on Monday.
It is starting to look like this could be the big one. I still have a lot of prep to do here at my house this morning but have all we need and have practiced the routine. Frances was a good dress rehearsal for what things could be like here tonite. Problem is a lot of tired stressed people and building that haven't even begun to recover yet. I fear the complacency of those who are to tired to run and have a feeling of made it through the last one and waiting to stick it out again.
The Cat three condition that are looking probable here tonite with possible Cat 4 are numbing. There arent a lot of folks who have that experience to relate to. I just hope they have watched the landfall reports from Ivan and Charley and relize, yes things can get a lot worse than Frances Frances which spanked this area stronger than any other and left thousands with homes that are unlivable or compromised. Blue roofs abound every place you go. The rains from system between Ivan 1 and Ivan to have left the waters way, way up. I think all areas of the county got at least 4 inches minimum from that earlier in the week.
I will moniter site as much as I can today and nite but getting feeling won't have time to do much posting. Excuse my typing and spelling errors. Don't have time this morning to proof.
My best to all in the path and please let this be the last of the season for all of us.
Hurric

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center