richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 25 2004 06:44 AM
Re: Jeanne Moving West

Maybe someone with way more knowledge than me can answer this question. If jeanne is at 26.5, has increased its forward speed to 14mph, and in the last public advisory they say this motion is expected to continue for the next 24 hours, than why is the huricane center showing that slight curve which takes it to 27.3 at landfall? 24 hours at 14 mph puts it further west by 236 miles and if the storm is 240 miles east of the southeast coast and is at 26.5...you see what I'm getting at? In a way, it kind of reminds me of Andrew in that they anticipated this northwesterly turn but the NHC's advisories kept saying "movement west and this motion is expected to continue for the next 24 hours". and it kept moving west. I'm sure there is something that I'm just missing. That high seems awful strong though and I even saw the local channel 9 weather guy say that the NOGAPS model has been the most consistent with it's track for the last 48 hours and it is the most westerly of the models. I'm soooo tired of this crap this year!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center