Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:07 AM
Florida.... this is NOT the time to be complacent....

Lord I know how tired and worn out you poor people must be.... but IF she becomes a major, and now I'm hearing talk of Cat 4, trust me, you DO NOT WANT TO RIDE THIS OUT.... IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE YOU WILL BE IN THE EYE WALL.... just call someone from Orange Beach, Perdido Key or Pensacola, who rode out Ivan and ask them.... I've been listening to their horror stories on TV for the past week....

And the problem is, you just don't know where exactly the eye wall will go.. and you are running out of time....

27.3 is not that much farther from 26.5 (.8 n) and it would not be difficult for Jeanne to turn towards the north slightly as she approaches landfall... all the models predicts some turn, that's a given, where is still debatable...

Case in Point... Ivan... heading directly towards the MS coast... and got as far west as 88.3, but turned off to the right just before inland at 87.7 (.6W).... granted this was not much, but if it gets you out of the eye wall and especially the eastern quad, it can be a tremendous difference between life and death, total devastation and absolute destruction, or just a few trees down....

Ivan was moving at a decent clip too when it made this life altering change, great for the MS coast, catastophic for the East Al and Fl Panhandle...

and a strong Cat 3 or greater is just that... A life altering experience.... you just don't want to take the chance it alters yours and your love one more than need be.....

Repeat........
DO NOT WANT TO RIDE THIS OUT.... IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE YOU WILL BE IN THE EYE WALL OR JUST TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF IT......

good luck to all
I so feel your pain

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center