WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 25 2004 08:05 AM
New Info.

1- Local tv meteorologist has been saying it COULD become a cat. 4. before landfall. Local EOC contacted NHC and complained that tv station was creating a panic in the WPB area. Local station just went on the air live with the NHC, and NHC backed the station saying it is should be a cat. 3 and you should always plan for 1 cat higher.

2 - This just in from Thomas:
CAT 2 Jeanne continues to slowly strengthen.. Her track is still due west at an increased forward speed of 15 mph. Her eye wall is still large at approximately 40 miles but I expect it to begin decreasing in size. Also some dry air entrainment is occurring on her left side.

The NHC/TPC 5:00 am EDT advisory on soon to be CAT 3 Jeanne has shifted the track to the left, more in line with the track I first forecasted quite a few days ago. I expect more track shifting to the left to occur as Jeanne heads for a landfall somewhere between Palm beach and Fort Pierce on Sunday morning. It's also possible that my Tarpon Springs to Bayport exit corridor into the Gulf Of Mexico may have to be shifted further south down the west coast of Florida.

Take Care,
Thomas F. Giella
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center