Ricreig
(User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 12:13 PM
Re: Florida.... this is NOT the time to be complacent....

Quote:

I just saw channel 9 news in Orlando for the traffic report again. There is nobody on the roads! I4 is clear, the Beeline is clear, I95 is clear. What is going on? Hurricane compacency it has got to be!

I just came to the conclusion that except maybe for those living on the barrier islands, no one wants to evacuate INTO the center track. With Charley, Tampa evacuated to Orlando which turned out to be wrong and the East Coast wasn't expecting *anything*. With Frances, similar reasoning except East Coast isllanders *know* better than to stay this time but may not come too far inland because of the forecast track.....It may not be being complacent, but prudent....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center