clyde w.
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Sep 25 2004 05:57 PM
Re: Latest WV

Hi all--I'll be posting from east Orlando again today with conditions--asuming we keep power and the site stays up (seems its much more stable with the recent changes).

We never lost power for Charley or Frances, so I should be able to post what occurs out here.

A couple of thoughts for the board:
1) The local news stations are giving the impression that there is a great deal of complacency among coastal residents about Jeane. They keep showing the roads--which are empty--and saying few people are evacuating. Can any of our coastal posters update if that is the case or not?

2) I wanted to give kudos to Scottsvb. He nailed his call on Ivan, which was pretty impressive. But, if you recall, he posted over a week ago on his impressions on Jeanne (this was while Jeane was a LLC chasing her own convection north of the DR). At that time, he called for a loop, followed by a turn toward Florida while strengthening to a cat 3-4. Talk about nailing it. LI Phil, I don't recall what thread it was in, but it definitely deservs the kudos.

Stay safe everyone. This one is going to be bad, very bad. Especially if residents are as complacent as the news is stating.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center