Dawn
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Sep 25 2004 04:05 PM
Re: Direction

Just went outside to lock the shed and heard my neighbors doing some kind of construction work. They were taking down their plywood! I said Eddie what are you doing, do you realize that at about 2AM this morning we may have Tropical Force winds with Hurricane Gusts?

He says "We were so tired of hearing about and never receiving, the wife was tired of the darkness, the kids were getting bored, so we decided to put the lawn furniture, swing set, gazebo and etc back together and have some fun". I said "when is the last time you watch the TV", he says "Yesterday".

Needless to say he has the TV on now, his wife is at the store getting water (they had one gallon in the house for 6 people) and the plywood is going back up.

I think alot of people in the Tampa Bay area have no clue or do not care. The Pinellas County EOC has only issured a voluntary evac, with the flooding and mobile homes I can't believe it is not mandatory.

Oh Well, My family, sisters, Mother and Father are prepared.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center