USFTampa
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Sep 25 2004 11:20 PM
Re: Jeanne Landfalls Near Stuart, FL

Hey all, fairly new poster here, but I gotta say this site is like an addiction once you find it- and it has been a great help. Ditto on the Phil issue- he's the man! As far as my prediction goes, here in Tampa, by USF, we are getting some decent small gusts, still have power, etc. I have been thinking it all day but afraid to say it- but I think Tampa is in for more than we bargained for this time. The westward track just seems to fast and straight to make that extreme turn- like a car making a quick right into the Mickey D's at 100mph (bad analogy I know). Either way, I feel that people here are NOT prepared for what might come- maybe they need to advertise this site on the news so people can get some real information and realize what exactly is happening, cuz so far I haven't hardly seen ANYTHING in the way of of people preparing like I did with the past three- no gas, food, battery, or plywood problems at all. Go figure. Please everyone stay safe and good luck!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center