USFTampa
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 26 2004 12:04 AM
Re: Jeanne Landfalls Near Stuart, FL

Yeah, it does seem like Tampa will be getting it pretty hard- did I just hear the met on ABC down here in Tampa GUARANTEE us that 35mph winds would be our worst? Is he smoking something? We already have gusts that high and we haven't even come close yet!! As for myself, I will be buckling down tight here soon if things stay the same.

IMPORTANT: I don't know whether or not this will become a necessity or not, but if things become too bad here in Tampa, I will be evacuating to USF. I have keys to the main building (SCA) and I have a lab there, which has no windows, awesome backup generators (for the research equip), is definitely flood-proof and strong, and even showers and fridges. So, if there is anyone local that needs EMERGENCY shelter and has no other place to go, please let me know and I will be happy to hunker down there or help you have access. There is plenty of room and it will get you through the storm, but I can only provide for a limited number in EMERGENCY.

Please be advised: I will be bringing my girlfriend, two adult and 5 puppy chihuahuas as well, so be prepared for the fun! Second, this is NOT an official shelter nor can it be used for anything more than just RIDING out the storm- no good for use after that. I just want to be able to help out anyone who is desperate or in emergency need, since all the warnings and evacs seem to be last minute as of now.
Please let a moderator know or pm me.

(If this is an okay post, I will give the mods my phone/email to give out on an as needed basis- will a mod please let me know?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center