RevUp
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 26 2004 12:53 AM
Re: 11pm Forecast Map

Quote:

None of the mets I've seen have trashed the NHC. Just because they say they're not entirely sure that the NHC track will verify doesn't mean they're trashing them. Disagreeing is not the same as trashing. And...before anyone says anything, all the mets I've seen have also said to listen to officials/NHC and evacuate/prepare when asked. Because the NHC only adjusts their track every 6 hours, that does leave a lot of room for error, especially after landfall when you're dealing with moment to moment changes that make a huge difference in how areas are affected. The fact that it's staying west longer than the NHC expected makes an enormous difference in where it ultimately goes. The local mets are able to react to those things much more quickly than the NHC. For instance, the NHC won't adjust their track until 5am, when it will already be more than halfway across the state.

Good point. Yes, you're right, they don't trash NHC, but I've seen one or two come close -- they don't dare bite the hand that feeds them.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center