Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sun Sep 26 2004 05:36 AM
Re: Need Advice

Quote:

dude - Seminole middle school shelter is open.. go to Park Blvd to 131st, go north to 86th and should be on the right.

As for sandbagging, I am in Redington on the Intracoastal and my home sits at five and one-half feet above sea level and I have placed 2 sets of bags (high) across my sliding doors toward the bay. My dock faces directly north so I might not be too bad because the surge element will come from the west and sw winds about 10 am they said. Considering high tide in Madeira is at 11:53 (2.53 above seal level), it will be close considering 75 mph gusts throwing water at me. I just throw them down with one corner angeled in, the next bag angeled to it and so on.. it has always worked.

Thanks for the heads up on the sandbagging, the big problem, I just moved into this house... 6 weeks ago...
LOL

this was a really really really bad time to pick this house...

Ok, I also found a website on sandbagging ... here is the link for anyone else who might need it in the future:

http://www.valleywater.org/Emergency_Info_and_Preparation/Sandbag_program/index.shtm

Be back in a bit, time to go to the causeway and grab some sand...

Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center