recmod
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 26 2004 08:26 PM
Seminole County

Conditions in Seminole County have really eased off for now. Radar shows we're in a dry slot between rainbands...so I expect conditions will worsen again in a bit.

With the lull, I went outside around my house to assess the situation. I went through Charley and Frances with no visible roof damage (I did have 2 leaks from "invisible" damage). This time, things are much worse. The first thing I noticed outside were my roof shingles lying all over the lawn. I now have some serious roof damage that will require ANOTHER insurance claim. Since I already lost my entire backyard fence to Charley, I expected there would be no more damage there. Sigh....... There is a creek running behind my property which is normally a tiny trickle. This thing is now a raging river over 20 feet wide. The water has eroded the bank (where my fence USED to sit) and the land has now tilted away from my swimming pool into the creekbed, leaving a large crevice between my pool deck and the unstable land behind. I have NO idea how that can be fixed. It looks like a slab of land roughly five feet wide running the length of my property will be falling off into the water, leaving the side wall of my pool exposed.
One of the few remaining trees in the backyard came down this morning and landed on my neighbor's fence

All in all, not a good looking situation...a lot of damage, but thankfully no one is hurt. As in the previous 2 hurricanes, I did not lose power (like Orlandodan, my lines are buried and it takes a lot to knock out my electricity)..so I do have some things to be thankful for.
Please let this hurricane season be over!

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center