Hurric
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 27 2004 04:10 PM
Re: Jeanne Inland in the Southeast

Hi, to all. Winds here in Port St. Lucie probably gusted to around 120. It was definitely a stronger storm than Frances Three weeks earlier. Only minor damage to house and Yard. The usual fences, antennas, dishes, trees, screnrooms, roof shingles, soffit. No major structural damage but others in neighborhood not so fortunate.
St. Lucie county is really hurting and it will take a long time to cleanup and many months to get back to normal.
school was supposed to start back today from the Frances damage. I have heard alot of new damage has been done this round.
I had experienced numerous tropical storms and hurricanes over the years but had come to relize that probably had never seen more than CAt 1 conditions before this year.
Maybe gust to around 100mph with David in 79 and maybe with Cleo in 64. Frances was to a higher level , a solid cat 2 at least, and Jeanne took things to a new level.of Cat 3- of this I feel certain.
The whole aftermath routine is fresh in the minds of people and everyone from the press to local officials are acting with the knowledge so recently learned. It is hard to prioritize what to do next with the number of things needing attention now.
I wanted to check and see if anything else was brewing and to touch base with all here at CFHC. It is hard to see this smaller cheaper moniter. I down sized from my 19" to conserve battery power and ability to stay online and run 13" TV. Hope someone is taping some of what the press has put out on what has happened here. Someday I will want to watch it.
Later
Hurric

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center