Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 27 2004 03:53 PM
Re: Skeetobytes track map

Quote:

Skeeter's track map needs a little work, especially the Charley track. Here's the NOAA track (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/information/charley/charleyframe.htm)
Skeeto has it almost on Bartow which is funny since we went to get gas and supplies there the next day. The eye passed well east of Bartow, directly over Lake Buffum if you can find that. I trust the NOAA map because I live in that area and am still cutting wood from Charley. I was on my roof making quick repairs when the eye of Frances went over and we were out for about 2 hours when the eye of Jeanne passed over yesterday. That is in Babson Park which Skeeter's map shows to be pretty safe and sound from Charley. You all should have been here to see how safe it was on the north end of Crooked Lake up a clear slope, checking out the Bernoulli effect 3 miles from the eastern eyewall of Charley and being hit dead on by Frances and Charley.

Hate to make a big deal out of it but the Weather Channel showed a bad map too, with Charley even west of Bartow, FL. I just don't want my 3 Purple Hearts to be classified as slivers.

My parents actually have a house on the north side of Lake Buffum. We lost a roof, dock and most of the trees in Charley, paid an ungodly amount to put up a temporary "band-aid" on the roof for Frances and just said the heck with it for Jeanne. Apparently we made it through with just a downed tree this time around. I live in Valrico and we came through with just one small tree down and a few holes in the screen enclosure from neighbors shingles. Lots of high winds though. This is the first time I've posted but I've been lurking around for awhile, great site; I know there are a lot of us out there who really appreciate the info people post on here.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center