DMFischer
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Sep 27 2004 04:12 PM
Re: Tampa...

Quote:

Quote:

Thank You, That is what I thought. How much warning will I have?

On the "record setting year" I totally agree with you. It is more irratating to me than anything else. So, my wife and I are looking to buy a house. I figure Real estate will drop quite a bit, and for no reason really. Lots of irrational selling.

How much warning...that's hard to say...but if you stay on these boards, more time than the NHC gives you that's for sure...these guys can sniff trouble long before the public is given any notice...we got your back!

Phil is quite right! Had it not been for this board, I would not have had the supplies and such I needed for Charley BEFORE the stores around here went nuts. The night before Charely hit they were talking about it here and I listened well. They were right on! I became a believer in these guys and their noses to sniff out the trouble that brews with a storm track.
To all you guys around here, my kids thank you! I kept my sanity and the kids actually read the forums with me and we all felt like we knew more what to expect. We all thank you.

Dawn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center