kelcot
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 27 2004 11:46 PM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

Phil, I PMed Colleen yesterday, but I still haven't heard from her.

I finally spoke to my mom in Vero. There were 2 tornados by her house that pulled up 4 palm trees unfortunately 2 of the 4 landed on her house. The good news is that palm trees usuially aren't that heavy so they were blown back off. She has numerous leaks in her ceiling. The entire roof is going to need replacing. She has to replace ALL of her carpeting and paneling. And they won't know about structural damage until they take the roof off.

My aunt and uncle's house is non-salvagable. (A pine tree fell on it during Frances) He can't find the swimming pool that was once in his yard. (They also have a lake in their yard, so the water from the lake and all of the debris covered it entirely.)

My cousin's roof was lifted off and set back down during Frances. Jeanne kind of pushed it off the side a bit so it sort of looks like how a pimp wears his hat. (Sorry, it's the only analigy I could think of.) Needless to say, their home is more than likely unsalvagable.

My grandparents (they live next door to my aunt & uncle) escaped with only a few shingles missing.

But, all in all, everyone is safe.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center